|Posted by tonymercy21 on March 23, 2018 at 7:40 AM||comments (0)|
A massive thanks to the children in the Leopards and Penguins classes for raising £73 for Martha's Dream. This was especially amazing as we had not asked the children directly to fundraise for us. A truly wonderful act of kindness which will be appreciated greatly by our pupils.
|Posted by tonymercy21 on July 17, 2017 at 4:45 PM||comments (0)|
|Posted by tonymercy21 on November 20, 2016 at 9:40 AM||comments (0)|
Can I say on behalf of myself, Mike, Lisa, David and John that we managed to raise, with all your help, £556.30 at the fundraiser on Friday night. Big thank you to The Trimpell Club for giving us the use of the room for free. Thanks to all the guys who provided the entertainment for free, we couldn't hold anything without your help. Thanks to everyone one of you came on the night making the whole night such a success. Thanks to the families that came all the way from Bolton, your continued support is greatly appreciated. All your support was amazing and hope you will all come and support us again at our next fundraiser which we will post in the near future. Thanks again you were all brilliant.
|Posted by tonymercy21 on July 23, 2015 at 2:50 PM||comments (0)|
The latest Fundraiser held at Trimpell Sports and Social Club helped us add £430 to the total fund. Thanks to all who came along to help support Marthas Dream and hope to see you all again at our next event. Details to follow soon.
|Posted by tonymercy21 on April 24, 2015 at 10:05 AM||comments (0)|
|Posted by tonymercy21 on August 15, 2013 at 3:45 PM||comments (0)|
Below is an e-mail received today from Ben Ezinma from CHIRN Nigeria. This is possibly a life changing day for Mark. It will certainly be a milestone as far as Mark's health and welfare is concerned. The effort that Ben at CHIRN has put in is amazing and we would all like to thank him for his positive support and actions. A massive thank you also to Emmanuel Okoro who has been our eyes in Nigeria, monitoring Mark's physical and mental state. God Bless you all and heres to Mark's future.
We went Mark's place today with the Govt. Officials. Luckily the sole administrator (CEO) of Obowo Council decided to go with us to see things for himself along with his aides, the activity started by 12noon and ended by 3:30 pm.
The milestones of today''s meeting were:-
1. Mark was taken to hospital for a medical at the order of the Sole Administrator, because his health was in a very bad shape when we got there. In addition, his father admitted that Mark has never visited a health facility before. Mark was taken as an in-patient until he will be released/discharged when Doctor confirms him fit.
2. His father was asked to accompany him to the health facility.
3. Early health investigations by the team of Health Officers showed that he was a normal child but had a serious skin infection and also pneumonia. A more deeper health investigation will continue tomorrow,the facility officers said.
4. Earlier, CHIRN had donated some anti worm and multi vitamin tablets to Mark before the decision to take him to the health facility was arrived at.
5. The actions and inaction of Mr CHINEDU, Mark's father was highly condemned by the Govt. Officials and have vowed to sanction him.
I believe we have started
I will forward the photos to you
Below is the list of all Officers present during the meeting in John's place :
Orphan and Venerable children (OVC) Desk officer, Ministry of Women affairs and Social Development, Mrs. Margaret Onwuanumkpe.
Sole Administrator Obowo Local Government Area, Prince Wilson Chukwuocha.
Head of Department for Social Welfare, Obowo L.G.A , Lady Jane Amajioyi
Director of Health Obowo L.G.A, Chief A.I.C Nwachukwu
-Ms Nneka Okwara -CHIRN
Information Officer Obowo L.G.A, Mrs Antonia Odoemena
Welfare Officer Obowo L.G.A, Mrs. Cally Anyanwu - Umuagu Youth Leader
Government Liaison Officer (G.L.O) Umuagu Community Obowo L.G.A. Chief Sam Nwayo.
Ben Ezinma -CHIRN
The name of the health facility is N.Y.S.C Health centre Achingala Obowo L.G.A , the name of the Matron who received Mark is Mrs. Victoria Ogbonna
Thank you for all you encouragement and motivation.
|Posted by tonymercy21 on June 27, 2013 at 3:20 PM||comments (0)|
This was the condition my brother found Mark in when visiting with local NGO childrens orphanage manager Ben Ezinma. All the information he gathered is being passed on to the relevant authorities.