News and events
News and events
|Posted by tonymercy21 on August 15, 2013 at 3:45 PM|
Below is an e-mail received today from Ben Ezinma from CHIRN Nigeria. This is possibly a life changing day for Mark. It will certainly be a milestone as far as Mark's health and welfare is concerned. The effort that Ben at CHIRN has put in is amazing and we would all like to thank him for his positive support and actions. A massive thank you also to Emmanuel Okoro who has been our eyes in Nigeria, monitoring Mark's physical and mental state. God Bless you all and heres to Mark's future.
We went Mark's place today with the Govt. Officials. Luckily the sole administrator (CEO) of Obowo Council decided to go with us to see things for himself along with his aides, the activity started by 12noon and ended by 3:30 pm.
The milestones of today''s meeting were:-
1. Mark was taken to hospital for a medical at the order of the Sole Administrator, because his health was in a very bad shape when we got there. In addition, his father admitted that Mark has never visited a health facility before. Mark was taken as an in-patient until he will be released/discharged when Doctor confirms him fit.
2. His father was asked to accompany him to the health facility.
3. Early health investigations by the team of Health Officers showed that he was a normal child but had a serious skin infection and also pneumonia. A more deeper health investigation will continue tomorrow,the facility officers said.
4. Earlier, CHIRN had donated some anti worm and multi vitamin tablets to Mark before the decision to take him to the health facility was arrived at.
5. The actions and inaction of Mr CHINEDU, Mark's father was highly condemned by the Govt. Officials and have vowed to sanction him.
I believe we have started
I will forward the photos to you
Below is the list of all Officers present during the meeting in John's place :
Orphan and Venerable children (OVC) Desk officer, Ministry of Women affairs and Social Development, Mrs. Margaret Onwuanumkpe.
Sole Administrator Obowo Local Government Area, Prince Wilson Chukwuocha.
Head of Department for Social Welfare, Obowo L.G.A , Lady Jane Amajioyi
Director of Health Obowo L.G.A, Chief A.I.C Nwachukwu
-Ms Nneka Okwara -CHIRN
Information Officer Obowo L.G.A, Mrs Antonia Odoemena
Welfare Officer Obowo L.G.A, Mrs. Cally Anyanwu - Umuagu Youth Leader
Government Liaison Officer (G.L.O) Umuagu Community Obowo L.G.A. Chief Sam Nwayo.
Ben Ezinma -CHIRN
The name of the health facility is N.Y.S.C Health centre Achingala Obowo L.G.A , the name of the Matron who received Mark is Mrs. Victoria Ogbonna
Thank you for all you encouragement and motivation.